Re: Debian logo license still not resolved

Will Lowe wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:
>
> > > As stated by Will Lowe, I think a registration process could handle
> > > this (i.e. re-register annually under the current license terms).
> >
> > But, do we have the manpower to run a registration properly ?
> > I think this could only be done if we had a WWW CGI script to do
> > registrations.
>
> Well,  since nobody needs to _approve_ the license registration (we're
> giving explicit permission to almost anybody to use the license,  and
> we're pretty much accepting that nobody's going to check their site to
> make sure they're not defaming SPI),  why do we need people to process
> applications?  We could write a pretty simple SQL database to accept name,
> contact info,  URL,  and current date,  and have a script that does weekly
> runs through this info and sends a mail to anyone whose license is about
> to expire saying "Hey,  you need to reregister,  visit
> http://www.debian.org/logo-register.html"; or whatever.  PostgreSQL is
> already running on db.debian.org anyway ...

Heh.. actually, it's MySQL... Anyway, I can do this fairly easily. We can
make the list browseable, so folks can see who is using the 'registered'
logo..

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
      "The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource,