Re: linking non-us distribution from Debian web pages

Ian writes:
> There is no problem with such links [to the non-us distribution].  They
> could not consitute export, because the thing allegedly being exported
> starts outside the US and doesn't enter it !

Speaking of non-us packages, would it be feasible to create 'dummy'
packages that, when installed, display a message explaining how to get the
real thing?

example:

	% dpkg -i pgp

	Sorry, pgp cannot be included in this archive for legal reasons.
	A Debian pgp package is available from <site>.  To download and
	install it, do this:
	%

Or better, run a script that offers to ftp the real package
and install it?

example:

	% dpkg -i pgp

	Sorry, pgp cannot be included in this archive for legal reasons.
	A Debian pgp package is available from <site>.  Shall I download
	it and install it now?
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill