Re: Debian logo license still not resolved

Richard Roberto:
> Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>:
> > Then if we want to change the licence we publish version 2
> > instead, leaving version 1 available but stating that it is no
> > longer available.  Users of the logo have to go and check each
> > year that the licence hasn't changed, and update the date on their
> > acknowledgement.
>
> As stated by Will Lowe, I think a registration process could handle
> this (i.e. re-register annually under the current license terms).

But, do we have the manpower to run a registration properly ?
I think this could only be done if we had a WWW CGI script to do
registrations.

That is, unless we have at least 2 or 3 volunteers to implement and
run the registration database (which has to be available whenever
people ask for licences).

Ian.