Re: Removing diversions

In article <[🔎] 873ei29zyh.fsf@bittersweet.inetarena.com>,
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com> wrote:

>    > Now, I took over this package so I have no idea how to put in a
>    > diversion let alone how to remove one. So, how do you remove a
>    > diversion?
>
> I would like to know too, just for my own edification.  Where can we
> _read_ about diversions and alternatives?

Read the packaging manual, it's part of dpkg and installed in
/usr/doc/dpkg/packaging.html/, with most Debian installation browsable
as http://localhost/doc/dpkg/packaging.html/

While you are at it, install and read the policy manual too.

Note that this is *important stuff*. You really should have read this
already if you are maintaining Debian packages.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg |  The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac lay in his bed
    miquels@cistron.nl  |  awake all night wondering if there is a doG