Re: splitting experimental by arch?

In an attempt to save the world from disaster, Guy Maor wrote:

> I once tried to propose one simple rule that a package can't go to
> experimental unless there's already a version of it in unstable.  I
> was extremely surprised at the very negative reaction, and I backed
> down.

Oh, that surprises me. I remember you posting that rule, but always
assumed that it was `your final word', and didn't even realised a
discussion followed:). I actually liked that simple rule.
(I like simple things that I can remember -- there seem to be so little
of those around any more).

If you are going to propose a different rule, could you please make
it at least as simple as the one above?

Oh, and remeber the definition of Democracy: A procedure by wich you
ask the people what they want -- and if they don't want what you want
them to want, you just wait and then ask it again, until they do want
what you want them to want.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

The upstream maintainer is allowed to do things different
than Debian, but only if he has good reasons to do so.