Re: the intention of lintian

	I wish I had something like lintian now. It would make packaging
easier.  Plus, I'm sure there are things I don't catch or am too lazy to
change.  And no one else has the time to find them and make a bug report.

	Another thing apropos of determining how to improve debian.  Some
way of collecting statistics on package use would be nice. (It would have
to be made quite explicitly voluntary, to avoid scaring people and to
avoid restricting distribution)  Even something simple like finding what
has been installed.  There are going to be some packages that deserve more
time than others, and we only have a finite amount of time.

G John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>