Re: Netscape binary package.

Larry Gilbert wrote
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> >
> > > RedHat already distribute a binary package for netscape.
> > > Who volunteers to make the Debian netscape.deb (in non-free or contrib by
> > > now) ?
>
> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Colin R. Telmer wrote:
>
> > I will if no one else has already. Let me know. Cheers.
>
> Be careful.  The last time I checked, Netscape still required distributors
> to have a representative provide quarterly distribution reports, even
> though most of the browsers are free of charge now.
Would it be enought to have the postinst script send an email to a counter?
Surely, the would want rough numbers, wouldn't they? For instance, if I
download a copy from one of this partners and then pass it on to some friends,
the copy would only be counted once although there are a few installations.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76