Re: dftp (was: please upgrade your packages to current standards)

On Mon, Jan 12, 1998 at 03:40:33PM -0500, Brian White wrote:

> > I'm writing a program so that I can so all my downloading at work. However I
> > hit a problem - I cannot tell which packages are in non-us (for which I go
> > to a different, slower, site).
>
> As a side note, you may want to consider "dftp".  I originally wrote it so
> I could do system upgrade downloading from work and then bring a single
> archive across to my home machine.  Once you've take a copy of the install
> database generated on your Debian system to work, it will run almost the
> same at work as it would at home.

I'm try to learn Perl using it so I won't give up just yet :-)
It's nothing like as advanced as dftp, it uses "dialog" to display files which
are selected to be installed and are either out-of-date or are broken.

When it gets a bit better (and my Perl isn't quite so shoddy), I'll remember
to have a look at dftp and possibly decide on one to update and replace the
other.

Thanks

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS