Re: imap4

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Mark Baker wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 1998 at 03:00:17PM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
>
> > Thanks but I was able to solve the pw_encrypt problem on my own.
> > Apparently in libc6 you can just replace it with crypt().
>
> I tried that and it didn't work: have you tested it? Maybe I just did
> something silly.

I've tried several IMAP clients.  MS Outlook Express on NT and Netscape
4's mail component on NT and Linux.  They seemed to work fine.  Previously
they all would bomb with "Authorization failed" or some similiar message.
All I needed to do was to change pw_encrypt to crypt and link with -lcrypt
instead of -lshadow.  I created a new make target called slx2 to make sure
I was linking in all the right things.

Now i can read mail and delete it from any folder except inbox.

I thought I had fixed all bugs but unfortunately It turns out I hadn't
solved the problem of not being to create lock files in /var/spool/mail.
This probably accounts for the problems I'm still having.

Still it's further along than it was if you or Adam anyone wants to run
with it.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@braincells.com>