Re: procps

On Jan 8, Scott Ellis wrote
> On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Bart Schuller wrote:
> > Does anyone know where killall went? procps_1.2.2-1 doesn't seem to
> > include it. "killall" is used in quite a lot of scripts, which are now
> > starting to break.
>
> Yes, it got broken out upstream into a seperate psmisc package.  Which is
> now stuck in incoming.  You can find an incoming mirror at
> ftp://ftp1.us.debian.org/pub/debian/Incoming

Thanks.

I mut say I find the policy with respect to split or renamed packages
getting stuck in Incoming suboptimal. First e2fsprogsg, now killall.

It is a bit too easy to end up with a broken system, something which the
policy for new packages is supposed to prevent.

--
Bart Schuller                  schuller+sig@lunatech.com At Lunalabs, where the
Lunatech Research              http://www.lunatech.com/  future is made today..