My Epson Stylus (color 600) config

I thought the small trick I've installed on my box would be of
interest.  Maybe not as such, because the few bytes spared from
printcap are replaced by an additionnal script, but as an idea of
future directions for magicfilter.

It makes use of a lprng special feature, and uses the uniprint driver;
I use aladdin-gs, and didn't test it with GNU gs.  It simply works
with a single printcap entry using many names (one per
resolution/actual filter), by making lprng pass the printer name as a
command-line arg to a script, which then calls the appropriate magic
filter.

My magicfliters are not different from the one James posted.

This could be improved.  Eg, you'll notice that the default resolution
is hardcoded in the filter script ("stclow").

What I think could be done would be to add some more powerful
parametrization to magicfilter.  What's needed here is a case-like
structure on the printer-name.  It will prevent to have many filters
differing only by the resolution used.

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: