Re[4]: My own libc6 progress, and package adoption drive. Give me an account on master!

| On Thursday, 1 January 98, at 8:55:02 PM
| Martin wrote about "My own libc6 progress, and package adoption drive.  Give me an account on master!"
> On Thu, Jan 01, 1998 at 02:46:11PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:

>> YEs, that is the whole point.  I need to be have an account on master, and
>> added to the keyring, etc, for this all to work.  I am going to keep working on

> This will be done, but everything needs some time.

I know.  I just got a phone call last night from someone from debian.

>> compiling for libc6, and trying to fix bugs.  Currently, by the list I have:
>>
>> defrag          closes 15445

>> dbview          closes 14563
> Please do not close this.  The package needs some investigation
> and will be libc6'ed by that time.  If you have patches to it, please
> send it to 14563@bugs.debian.org.

Ok.  I will try to isolate all the patches that affect these programs.  Some
bugs, however, should be merged(see majordomo), and I don't know if a
non-developer(yet!) can do it.

>> majordomo       closes (12976, 14196, 14959, 15100), 14434
>>                 closes 4572, 9774, 13463, 13585, 15995, 15996 not yet u/l
>> mdutils         closes 8062, 15319

> Somebody said that it is opsoleted by raidtools which need to be
> packaged?

I saw that bug report, to.  Should the debian package still be name mdutils,
but use the raidtools source?  If not, how should the dependencies be set to
make sure that someone upgrading will get raidtools, and have mdutils
deselected.

I wish I had a life outside Quake.

Adam Heath of Borg-Linux adam.heath@usa.net Join the H.323 effort.  Email
http://www.debian.org - Get Your Own Linux! h.323-request@cichlid.com with