Re: Re[2]: My own Libc6 progress and package adoption drive, and I nee

eparis@ven.ra.rockwell.com (Eloy A. Paris)  wrote on 01.01.98 in <[🔎] 68gji1$hbn$1@zeus.ven.ra.rockwell.com>:

> Kai Henningsen <kaih@khms.westfalen.de> wrote:
>
> : Well, when the original maintainer asked on -devel, I said that I'd take
> : it over, and I did. I have no idea why it landed on that list.
>
> Did you let the maintainer of the list (I think it was Phillipe Troin)
> know you were taking maintenance of this package? I guess leting
> debian-devel know is not enough.

Why would I do that, when I took over directly from the former maintainer?
Why would the list even become involved at all?

That is what I don't understand - why did the package _ever_ get into the
wnpp list? Who decided to put it there, and on what grounds?

MfG Kai