Re: forget putting 2.0.36 in slink 2.2.0 pre1 is out

David Welton wrote:
>So - we use 35 or whatever the boot floppy people feel comfortable
>with for that, 36 for the 'main' kernel, and try and make the system
>compatible with 2.2.0.  Does this sound logical?

You should be aware that the 'boot floppy kernel' and 'main kernel' are
the same thing. The stock kernel on the hard drive is copied from the rescue
disk on installation.

I really think it's too late to put in 2.2.0 though. We're (in theory) a few
weeks away from release. 2.2.0 will probably release after slink anyway.
However if anyone finds any 2.2.0-related incompatibilities they should IMHO
file release-critical bugs now.

Do we need the isdnutils in potato for 2.2.0 compatibility?

And why do we have no linux-kernel psuedopackage? For example, all traces of
bugs filed against kernel-image-2.0.29 are long gone.
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses" -- Richard Gabriel