A thought on dependency checking

I put his out as a possible means of improvement to the dependency
checking system. I do not understand the internal workings and I hope
that I am not just talking out of my... hat :)

When a dependency is checked it is checked against a package, correct?
Sometimes packages get restructured, no?
Why not have the dependency calculated from the package.list using the
actual file required? This would eliminate any dependency problems that
develope from reorganizing packages.

Just a thought.

Frisco Rose	rosef@eou.edu

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."    Isaac Asimov, Foundation