libreginfo & c++ (update-menus)

>From some of the libc6 and __register_frame_info emails on this list
I've read I inferred that every compiler had it's own
__register_frame_info function.

On the other hand, people have sugested one usr/local/lib/libreginfo.so
library that contains _one_ __register_frame_info function to proviede
it for all programes that don't have it.

This seems to cause problems. Apparently, the libreginfo.so created
contains the `C' __register_frame_info function. So now it seems
like C++ programmes start to coredump for no apparent reason on
systems where usr/local/lib/libreginfo.so is installed (and used).

At least, this is how I explain the reports I've recieved from
two two different poeple about update-menus coredumping when they
use usr/local/lib/libreginfo.so.

Could my way of reasoning be right? If so, can we eighter get rid of
libreginfo.so as soon as possible, or make it useable with both
c++ and c programmes (and fortran, pascal, whatever)?

If not, what is causing update-menus to coredump on systems that
have libreginfo.so installed?

PS: I'll be on holiday starting tomorrow, till 3th of january. So no
need to CC me on the replies.

(PostSkribo: Jes, ankaux mi iros morgaux ISen! Cxu ankaux vi Cxu ni
renkontigxos en Kassel?)

Gxis revido,
joost (joostje@debian.org / joosteto@esperanto.nu)