fonts names

I've got a problem with my latin2 font names.
I read that 'helvetica', 'lucida' and others are trademark names.
Then my fonts have to named some different. Only solution is fonts.alias file.

Hmm.. but fonts.alias is owned by xfonts package. How can I append my aliases
to this file? Should my package have dependecies of original xfonts package?

Other way is to create different fonts directory (ex. ..../fonts/latin2-100dpi).
But how I should include this directory to the fontpath?
But if all package have to own directory, then fontpath would be very long.
I think fonts.alias file is more simple than editing /etc/X11/XF86Config.

Maybe fonts.alias should be a config file? What happened if I modify this
file and then upgrade package with fonts? It will be overwritten..

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl