Re: Problem with resolver in new libc6?

Adam Klein <aklein@eskimo.com> writes:

> Well, it's fixed now.  Somehow, my resolv.conf had gotten messed up
> leading to me forgetting what the correct syntax was.  Sorry for the
> scare.

Hmm, I noticed today (since I'm not using my normal configuration)
that resolv.conf(5) might be wrong.  It claims that if you're using
bind in a "normally configured system" you shouldn't need a
resolv.conf at all.  This used to be true on my system, but now I find
that removing it keeps DNS from working.  I can't test extensively
from my current location, so verification and details will have to
wait.

FWIW