Re: package splits

James R. Van Zandt wrote:
> I think we need to provide some automatic way to handle package
> splits.

Hmm, well, I'm not in favour of some splits due to these problems.

But anyway, recommends is what you're looking for.  The main package
might want to recommend the others so if somebody upgrades dselect
will present a list of them.

> (I am now doing a more comprehensive scan to see whether there are more
> splits, as I suspect.)

If so it might be a good idea to find out which packages are important
and should be mentioned in a recommends field.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.