Re: how long does it take be assigned as a packager ?

Ionutz Borcoman <borco@borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp> writes:

> I've got no answer till now (already 2 days since wrote about libvdk to
> new-maintainer).

Top tips for becoming a new maintainer in a swift fashion:

(1) RTFM.  Give us the information it tells you to in the dev-ref; you
    failed miserably to obey this rule.

(2) Don't bitch about us on a public list; it's not going to shame us
    into action - quite the reverse.  Feel free to bitch at
    new-maintainer@debian.org if you've been waiting a while without
    reply; we get a lot of email (both in terms of size and numbers)
    and we're human so mail does get lost on occasion.

(3) *Definitely* don't bitch when you've been waiting 2 days, it's
    rare for a new maintainer to be processed in under a week, let
    alone 2 days.

[These are off the top of my head, and only semi-serious, sorry, but
I'm seriously underwhelmed by someone who has the nerve to complain
about not getting an answer in 2 days when said person didn't even
bother to read the manual and give us the information we need]

--
James