Re: [jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk: Re: dpkg on other unix]

> I don't see any reason we should restrict the debian project to free
> kernels.

Well, Debian is dedicated to free software, so I'm not sure about that.

IMHO, we should talk about "general dpkg portability", not about
"supporting non-free kernels".

Of course, I'm very much in favour of general dpkg portability because it
is a real pain to have to change every $(arch)-linux into $(arch)-gnu
in configure lines before compiling a Debian package for GNU/Hurd.

--
 "e03fc15454085bde918099c452b9458b" (a truly random sig)