Re: [jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk: Re: dpkg on other unix]

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Ben Collins wrote:

> The discussion came up about having debian ports for non-free OS's. I have
> already started on a Solaris one myself (79 packages mostly gnu stuff),
> Irix is next.
Is there anybody who successfully compiled dpkg on HP-UX.
I've heard that this is kind of a problem.
Or may be someone plans a Debian for HP-UX?

Is it possible to build a Debian-tree for normal users which aren't
root.  I maintain a kind of a /usr/local tree on a HP-UX without
access to root privilegs and would like to use dpkg for this stuff.

Kind regards

       Andreas.