Re: Nomination question: Redhat

Previously Craig Brozefsky wrote:
> Well, I read James' statement as "They have Alan Cox performing
> security audits.  Debian has no formalized security audits by skilled
> coders or otherwise.

As far as I know RH has no formalized security audits as well. There is
a security-audit mailinglist where a couple of people are doing auditing.
Most of these people are using RH and using that as a base, but there
are also people using slackware or Debian.

> Nothing, but he has done bit more than just kernel code, and is
> therefor more than "a kernel hacker".

Nwo there's an understatement :)

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl