Re: New guile packages

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 03:06:56PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > libguile3 is deprecated and should be removed from the archive.  It is
> > a bug to depend on it.

I wish this would happen soon - I keep getting bugs regarding it.

> > libguile4 is really the same package, but reflects the soname.
>
> But the following packages in slink do depend on libguile3:
>
> egon, tsiag, xpw, xsiag (Yann Dirson)
> scwm (Francesco Tapparo)
> tguile1.3 (Karl M. Hegbloom)
>
> The package guile1.3-doc refers to "libguile3" in its description.
>
> Please take care of this, so that libguile3 can indeed be removed from
> the archive.

The latest libguile4 replaces conflicts and provides libguile3, at the
suggestion of Adam di Carlo.

tguile1.3 should just be moved into orphaned, as it's really not that
important, and Karl is not around.

Thanks,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org