Re: /home as noexec and X

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

 : Previously Matus fantomas Uhlar wrote:
 : > I mounted my /home partition as noexec (to have more security on my machine)
 : > and I found i can't exec scripts like ~/.xsession;
 :
 : That sounds like a seriously broken setup anyway. Why not use nosuid as
 : a mount option and make sure . is not in your path?

Perhaps you're an ISP and think allowing any user to upload executables
to your server might be a bad idea?  (Think winnuke, nestea, etc.)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD