sendmail configuration (Was: Nomination

On Wednesday 9 December 1998, at 22 h 39, the keyboard of Joseph Carter
<knghtbrd@debian.org> wrote:

> An example of a high-level tool which could be designed to work with an
> existing mid-level tool might be a configuration utility for sendmail.=20
> Instead of trying to build sendmail.cf, it would build sendmail.mc which is
> much easier for a number of reasons.  Just about everything that can be done
> with sendmail.cf and be done with sendmail.mc, the program could read the mc
> file which would mean that changes made manually would not be lost, and all
> around everything is more smooth.

It already exists: sendmailconfig in the Debian package builds the sendmail.mc (by asking questions, which I find appropriate and not too difficult to answer), respects your local changes (a line in sendmail.mc separates them) and runs m4 afterwards. A nice "mid-level" tool. Congratulations for his author.