Re: Installatio Program Suggestion

>> "PK" == Paul Komarek <komarek@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

PK> So here's the idea.  Make the installation html-based.  Use some
PK> kind of skinny browser for navigation of "installation web pages".
PK> Pages with tons of documentation on hardware and howto's could be
PK> provided via links.

This is not feasable for the rescue-/installdisk IMHO. Takes too much
space.

But the idea is interesting. For me it is more in line with unattanded
installations. One creates a file with the installation option (disk
layout, modules etc.) and feeds it to the installation process.

This file could be created using a webbrowser. There are
limitations. A server is needed to handle the interactivity (or
java(script)) and html is wuite limited in its possibilities wrt UI.

Interesting idea though. This could also run remotely and create a
custom root disk to download or such.

Ciao,
	Martin