Re: Intent to package: F

> On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 07:21:41PM -0600, thompd1@texhoma.net wrote:
> > I intend to package the program F. F is a Finder like file manager
> > which, for those that are interested, can be found at
> > http://www.maybe.net/F/.
> >=20
> > If the program is already taken please let me know.
>
> I'm curious as to the license and worried about the package name.  It's
> kinda just a little on the namespace pollution side.  Sounds like a useful
> program if you like the Finder.  (unless it's ugly and uses some evil widget
> set of course..  hehe)
>
> --=20
> Show me the code or get out of my way.

F is licensed under GPL and it uses the GTK+ widget set, which is considered evil by some and gospel by others.

I changed the name of the package to fbrowser when someone else pointed out the namespace pollution problem. But, in the package I left the binary named f.

Should I upload again with the binary named fbrowser?

--
Dale James Thompson <thompd1@texhoma.net>

"The bad reputation of UNIX has gotten is totally undeserved, laid on by people
who don't understand, who have not gotten in there and tried anything."
		-- Jim Joyce