Re: Future of fvwm2-plus

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 08:21:02AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Edward Betts wrote:

> > Fvwm2-plus is a modifided version of fvwm2 it contains some
> > unofficial patches, such as Icon Gravity.

> OK, that is not a must I think.

That's the conclusion I've come to, and I'm having this package
pulled.  Maybe I'll work on packaging new versions of fvwm, if they
come out.

> > `cool windowmanagers' - you mean like fvwm2-plus?

> I don't know this one, but I never felt any need to convert to a
> window manager described with the attributes cool or fancy or what
> else.  I'm attracted by the attributes: clear and simple with
> reasonable features.

Umm, I don't think fvwm2-plus is 'cool' in the sense that enlightment
or something like that is.  It's just the nice, stable, configurable,
standard fvwm2 with a few additions.  There's nothing all that fancy
about it, but it looks nice and works well.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org