Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 7, 1998

BugScan reporter <wakkerma@debian.org> writes:

> Bug stamp-out list for Dec  7 00:05 (CST)
>
> Total number of release-critical bugs: 72

> Package: ftp.debian.org
> Maintainer: Guy Maor <ftpmaster@debian.org>
>   29562  libgtop1 needs to be installed to frozen and libgtop0 removed or old version installed

libgtop1 has been installed, but libgtop0 still needs to be removed.

> Package: guile1.2
> Maintainer: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
>   29320  installation aborts

I filed a bug against ftp.debian.org to have guile1.2 removed, as it is now
obsolete and has been replaced by guile1.3.

> Package: guile1.3
> Maintainer: David N. Welton <davidw@efn.org>
>   29479  installing guile1.3 fails
>   30336  guile1.3 (1.3-7.1) cannot be installed

I could do another NMU here if David is too busy.

> Package: libgtop0
> Maintainer: Ian Lynagh <igloo@debian.org>
>   28910  libgtop0: soname
> [STRATEGY] Recompile with current libgtop packages, or wait for
>            Bug# 29562 to be fixed.

This package is supposed to be removed.

> Package: libguile3
> Maintainer: David N. Welton <davidw@efn.org>
>   30102  missing shared library
>   30107  just another package bitten by __register_frame_info

These have been fixed, and should be closed.  I didn't close them
because I don't believe a person doing an NMU has the right to close
bugs.  Or am I wrong about that?

> Package: nonus.debian.org
> Maintainer: Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de>
>   18572  nonus.debian.org: remove des-solnet_1.03-5.deb
>   18887  des-solnet: package description

This is ancient!  Actually, the des-solnet packages aren't even in
slink.  I'll close these.

Cheers,

 - Jim