Re: Considering packaging: Microsoft Web Font pack

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> When you download a .zip, it's not transferred unchanged.  There are TCP/IP
> headers added to each packet.  The file transfer protocol (FTP, HTTP, etc)
> adds stuff to it.  .deb simply adds stuff as well.  How's that different?

That's different because it's on a different layer.  There is no file
at that layer.

More generally, I think this falls in the category of "if the author
doesn't want us to distribute it, or if we don't feel it's right for us
to distribute it, we don't".