Re: More problems for non-US?

Michael Beattie <mickyb@es.co.nz> writes:

> On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Raul Miller wrote:
>
> > Countries which have been nailed are:
> >
> >    Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada,
> >    Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary,
> >    Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Luxembourg, Netherland,
> >    New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia,
> ARRRGGGH.

I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference:

    http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/policy/index.html

(IIRC, Peter Gutmann wrote once that he considered getting the Perl
RSA code tattooed on his butt and showing the government what he
thought of them when he applied for an export permit for himself.)

#!/bin/sh
tr A-Za-z N-ZA-Mn-za-m         # Export-controlled crypto.