Re: Code Freezes (was: Re: XFree86-3.3.3 is really not in slink?)

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, James Taylor wrote:

> > > Code freezes are announced to the general public (why? I don't know, but
> > > also I don't know why not).
> >
> > Well, it'd be kinda hard for a freeze to go ahead without *some* mention of it
> > slipping into debian-devel... which is a publicly list. It's obvious on the
> > ftp server. Any number of places.
>
> Yes, but announcing it on debian-devel is a lot different from advertising
> it on the web site, having an IRC party, submitting it to Slashdot, et
> cetera.

Of course, I'd really like to know how you can announce anything
significant on debian-devel without it almost immediatly being forwarded
bt 20 people to slashdot and freshmeat these days. :)

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/