Re: Upgraded exmh has broken outgoing mail

> Oliver Elphick wrote:
>   >I upgraded exmh yesterday.  Since that moment, all outgoing mail
>   >bounces with a DNS lookup error, although nslookup shows the
>   >domain exists.
>   >
>   >Is there some interaction between exmh and sendmail that could cause
>   >this?
>
> I should add, that all outgoing mail is broken, whether from exmh or
> any other program.  I am using Netscape posting directly to my ISP to
> get this message out.
>
> Versions:
> ii  sendmail        8.9.1-9        A powerful mail transport agent.
> ii  libc6           2.0.7u-2       The GNU C library version 2 (run-time
> files)

IIRC, there were some interactions between sendmail and glibc 2.0.7u that
caused DNS failures. Try upgrading either or both. I don't think exmh is
involved since it leaves all the resolving to sendmail.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87