Re: where is egcs in slink?

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, James A. Treacy wrote:

 : On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 12:06:06PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
 : >
 : >   Adam> Can someone tell us the deal with santanni.cc.gatech.edu ?
 : >
 : > We once needed a well-connected major mirror [ because someone else had just
 : > dropped the ball on us ], and Greg Hankins happened to tell me that he had
 : > just added a new disk, and hence had room. The rest, as they say, is history.
 : >
 : > Obviously, that was a long while before the rsync mechanism started.
 : >
 : >   Adam> I would suggest some solutions but since I don't know the history, I
 : >   Adam> wouldn't want to spread FUD.
 : >
 : > We need a volunteer site that lets us 'push'. Any takers?
 :
 : We also need at least two sites that will themselves become push servers.
 : It isn't feasable to have everyone mirroring master directly.
 : The two requirements for a push server are a big disk (everything should fit
 : into 10GB for another year - I hope) and lots of bandwidth. We could even
 : maintain the mirror.
 :
 : Maybe we should offer free admin services for mirrors. I suspect we have the
 : experience. :) What is the going rate for administering a machine?

IMO, the problem is bandwidth cost, not administration.  I'd love to
offer more services to Debian, but due to bandwidth constraints I can't.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD