Re: menu and __register_frame_info.

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 12:10:43 +0100, Joost Witteveen wrote:
> Anyway, as I have no way to verify all this now (I'm at work, no way to
> login to debian system), I'd like some other opinions on this, so that,
> once I get home, I can recopmile menu without delay. That's why I
> crosposted Ray on this.

As far as I understand the __register_frame_info issue, there is no need for
recompilation.

> Or am I wrong, and should I really upload a fixed menu version? If so, why
> is a binary compiled with libc6-2.0.7u-4 also affected by this
> __register_frame_info problem?

C++ applications thatn can suffer from the __register_frame_info problem are
those compiled with a version of libstdc++2.[89] that were compiled with a
broken libc6. They're fixed by installing a fixed libstdc++2.[89]; no
recompilation necessary.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.