Re: Intent of package LDP

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

   I think it is not DFSG-compliant, because of this:

	* Any translation or derivative work of Linux Installation and
	  Getting Started must be approved by the author in writing before
	  distribution.

   The funny thing is that later, it says "All source code in Linux
   Installation and Getting Started is placed under the GNU General Public
   License", which is incompatible with the fact that derivative works
   must be approved by the author. The GPL does not require this.

So example code is under the GPL.  This is different from the manuals
themselves being under another license.  Unless I misunderstand the
situation, this makes sense to me.