Re: Draft new DFSG

Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net> writes:

   A typical corporate press release just needs to have this at the end:

      This product includes software developed by the University of
      California, Berkeley and its contributors.  This product
      includes software developed by the Apache Group for use in the Apache
      HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org/).  Debian is a trademark
      of Software in the Public Interest.  Linux is a registered trademark
      of Linux Torvalds.

It's a man...it's a plane...it's an operating system!

			  All other trademarks are the property of their
      respective owners.

Incidentally, what is the legal reason for requiring the `Foo is a
trademark of Bar Inc.' sentences?  At one point I thought that
referring to a trademark required legalese like that, but then I tried
to put something like that (regarding the proprietary software SPSS)
into an announcement for GNU PSPP on gnu-announce and rms told me to
take it out.

Does anyone know the exact situations where those sentences are
required?