Re: Patches (was Re: Draft new DFSG - r1.4)

Chris Waters wrote:
> There is nothing I'm aware of that you cannot do with a patch-only
> license; you just can't necessarily do it in a convenient manner.

I think this is not the right test to apply.

By the same token, you can do all of these things with a binary-only
package; it's just very difficult.  (Disassemble it first and keep
the disassembled code in CVS, etc.)

Now, suppose I want to take parts from three different patches-only
programs to use in my own project.  What do I patch and to where?

Richard Braakman