Re: Draft new DFSG

Hi,
>>"Richard" == Richard G Roberto <robertor@typhoon.co.jp> writes:

 Richard> On 25 Nov 1998 02:54:28 -0600, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
 Manoj> We do not decide on whether to let people or package is based

	s/is/in/

 Manoj> on their skin color, race, creed, or whther the developers happen to
 Manoj> like them today.

 Richard> Despite the poor grammar,

	Does the substitution of ``in'' for ``is'' correct my usage fo
 grammar? I plead quilty to being a poor speller, but rarely have I
 been justly accused of grammatical travesties as they appeared above.

 Richard> I think I understand what you're trying to say here, but I
 Richard> can point you to piles of archived messages that demonstrate
 Richard> differently (in practice).

	I'll bite, Mr Bones. Please show me where we have decided to
 exclude people or packages based on their skin color, race, creed, or
 whether we happened to dislike them today.

	Either come up with the scads of archived messages
 demonstrating that packages were excluded (or people) based on the
 criteria quoted, or apologize for spreading this level of slander
 about the Debian project.

 Richard> Though I do agree with your statement in that acknowledging
 Richard> this behavior publicly in the language of the DFSG would be
 Richard> a bad idea.  Better still would be to not exercise such
 Richard> discrimination.

	Have we, then, exercised such doscrimination? You implication
 certainly is that we have. Please back up your implications with
 facts, or recant.

	manoj
--
 Being Ymor's right-hand man was like being gently flogged to death
 with scented bootlaces. Terry Pratchett, "The Colour of Magic"