Re: EURO patch

On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 11:23:36AM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> Is someone working on integrating the "euro" patch on Debian?
> ( ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/euro-patch/EURO-1.4.tgz )
>
> For those of you not aware of european news, the countries that have
> joined the European Union are moving towards a common currency, called
> the "euro". For Linux that means we have to include a new symbol in our
> charsets, and map it to some key (Meta-e, IIRC) in our keymaps. And we
> must do it soon, as the transition from the old to the new currency is
> starting next January, and will be finished in two years.

And now I read this in the Xfree 3.3.3 release notes:

4.2. Bug fixes
[...]
		add support for iso8859-15, and include a couple of basic
  fonts for iso8859-15

So it seems the guys from xfree have taken care of it already.
What about the "console" people? Is Andries Brouwer working on that?
Yann?

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es