intent to package: ccf-- desktop shared over a network

	This is alpha software, but it works ok.  I can't test it
properly because it requires a library that apparantly only works in
slink.  I have acces to a hamm system and a SuSE system, but they will
not run the binaries.
	I have access to another slink system, but apparantly its card
will not support multicasting.
	ccf works as advertised with two users on one machine.

	I need to separate it into a free and non-free part. One
module needs jdk to build.  I am not sure how to fix this.  In
geomview, I use a single source to build two binary packages. But
James "Watchdog" Troup points out that this violates policy.  I guess
I can split the original into two sources.

	Maybe it belongs in experimental, because it litters the process
table with unkilled processes, and some zombies sometimes.  The authors
provided a script to kill these, but it is not good enough.  I added
a couple more scripts to try to manage the server and kill unwanted
processes.

	Linux i386 cannot currently talk to Suns and SGI's with ccf because
of byte ordering problems that they are trying to fix.

	Maybe after I upload it, people can try it on different machines
and tell me if it works ok.

Package: ccf
 CCF is a collection of applications and libraries which together
 functions as a shared desktop, file system and conference phone for
 CCF users.  Users can run X applications and everyone can see the
 applications simultaneously.  Users can take turns controlling an
 application, giving it mouse/keyboard input, moving/resizing/iconifying
 it, etc. and each user will see the result.  Users can copy a file to
 the dataspace and every user can access the file.  There is also a
 built in multiuser audio conferencing tool (CCFaudio), a window
 annotation tool) CCFcb, and a text-mode chat program (CCFchat).
 Web Page:  http://ccf.mathcs.emory.edu/ccf

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>