Re: glibc recompiling was Re: libc resolver problem solved (critical bug)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 10:36:26AM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > I have a fixed package ready to go, so lets move forward!
>
> I agree. But make sure you Conflict with dpkg >=1.4.0.31. I have 1.4.1

This would mean it conflicts with all future versions of dpkg... you
surely don't want that. So several conflicts, with exact version conflicts
(for dpkg packagages known to be bad) should work. And of course we must
make sure noone uploads a new dpkg compiled with broken libc.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/