Re: [scoop@freshmeat.net: gnumaniak 1.0]

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 04:16:14PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> For those who haven't read it, here is the (weird) section 3C:
>
>   3c) You must not add notes to the Document implying that the
>     reader had better read something produced using Texinfo.
[...]
> But _why_ did he put that in there anyway?  Does he hate texinfo? Or does
> he hate the fact that documentations get scattered all over the place?

He probably hates the stupid notices at the top of the man page telling you
how out of date it is.  Either provide a good man page or no man page.
Incorrect man pages are completely useless, and correct man pages that say
they're incorrect are almost as bad.

As a texinfo victim myself, I definitely see his point and admire his
conviction :)

Have fun,

Avery
an amused, but innocent, bystander