dhcpcd up for adoption (Was: dhcp problems)

[I'm CCing this to debian-devel, the bug list is public, so I assume
you don't mind]

brian@debian.org (Brian Mays) writes:

> This is from a bug report filed against the pcmcia-cs package:
>
> > next problem is dhcp which doesn't work with the current scripts,
> > because dhcpcd's resolv.conf isn't used. i opened a bugreport
> > for the dhcpc-maintainer for that and asked him to talk to the
> > pcmcia-maintainer. if more information is needed i could send in my
> > skripts or test the bufixed ones.  Fix broken apmd scripts.

> Has this problem been fixed in the dpcpcd package?  If not, what needs
> to be done?

These issues haven't been addressed.  The init script needs a little
work - it should be moved earlier in the startup sequence and a
decision should be made on whether it should block or not.  Also, I
believe some work needs to be done to make it work with the PCMCIA
scripts.  Finally, my "dhcpcd-sv" package needs to be updated to the
latest upstream source and released (it's a version that works with
the 2.1 kernels - with some patches to make it not bus-error on sparc
machines).

I don't really have the time to work on this ATM, so I've looking for
someone to take over the package.  Preferably someone who has time,
uses the package, and is willing to do both packages (dhcpcd and
dhcpcd-sv).  Brian has first dibs, if he is interested.

Thanks,
Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu