Re: xfree86 3.3.2.3a-8 (source i386 all) uploaded to master

Nice to see all the great work going on with X, I might install this version,
or more probably wait until the next one.

On Mon, 16 Nov, 1998, Branden Robinson wrote:

[-SNIP-]

> Format: 1.5
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 01:10:27 -0500
> Source: xfree86

[-SNIP-]

>    * debian/xfonts/postrm: if we just removed the font dir, don't mkfontdir
>      in it (Fixes: #29322)
>    * debian/xfs/config: new file, customized from stock version (Fixes: #28938)
>    * deban/xlib6/preinst: edit to reflect move of locale data to xlib6g
>    * deban/xlib6/postinst: edit to reflect move of locale data to xlib6g

is deban just a typo in the changelog or something more?

>    * debian/xlib6g/preinst: if /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale is a symlink, get
>      rid of it so xlib6g unpacks properly
>    * debian/xlib6g/postinst: add /usr/X11R6/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf if it is
>      not already there (Fixes: #29425)
>    * debian/xlib6g/postrm: remove /usr/X11R6/lib from /etc/ld.so.conf if it
>      is there

why should /usr/X11R6/lib not be in /etc/ld.so.conf? I know some people add it
because they have libraries installed in /usr/X11R6/lib, are you just going to
pull the rug from under their feet? Or am I mistaken should there be no libs
in /usr/X11R6/lib?

>    * debian/xserver/postinst: fix variable substitution (Fixes: #28574)
>    * debian/xserver-common/preinst: remove obsolete symlinks to directories
>    * debian/xserver-common/postinst: check for circular symlinks
>    * debian/xserver-common/xserver-configure: rewrite if statement

[-SNIP-]

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
						-- The GNU Manifesto