Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

bmc@visi.net (Ben Collins)  wrote on 15.11.98 in <[🔎] 19981115130426.A6647@visi.net>:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 09:58:59AM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> >
> > Point is we should not let one stupid government decide what is free and
> > what is not on a global scale.
>
> I think most people are confusing 'free' and 'freely distributable', gpg
> is not freely distributable for whatever reason, that's a fact.

The *fact* is that gpg *is* freely distributable.

Freely distributable does not mean that there are never any circumstances
where distribution is not possible. That's because such circumstances are
always possible. (For example, you will probably find that distribution of
Debian - or indeed any software and/or any CD - to inmates of certain
institutions is not allowed.)

MfG Kai