Re: Guile 1.3 == SO 4

*-James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
| David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:
| > If it is not compatible, why put symlinks?
| They're not.  I got scwm working again by putting a compat symlink
| .so.3 -> .so.4.

Because one program _seems to_ work you assume that you know better
than the upstream? It is possible you are right, but by default I
trust jimbs knowledge of guile. Even if a program compiles against
a lib with new soname, how do you know that it will behave properly?

The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to its feet
in the deepest part of a very deep lake.             (Linus Torvalds)
olet@ifi.uio.no   [-: .elOle. :-]   olet@debian.org