Re: FreeBSD writing to Debian NFS

> 	I am encountering the problem where writing from a FreeBSD machine
> to an NFS filesystem shared by a Debian system giving: 'strange write req'
> in the logs. I see the bug report regarding this matter, but I can't seem
> to find the source to nfsd. In what package is this located? Where can I
> get it? Is there an easier way to get a fixed version without compiling it
> myself? Thanks.

To find the .deb a package comes from, do
  $ dpkg -S /usr/sbin/nfsd.in   #or whatever the binary is called
To then find the source package of that binary package, do
  $ dpkg -s netstd

Unfortunately I don't have a debian machine here, so I cannot give you
the output of the above commands. (netstd used to be the package that
had nfsd, but I think this has changed recently).