Re: Release-critical Bug Report for November 7

Previously Jules Bean wrote:
> But we still endeavour to provide a working set of packages in non-free and
> contrib.  So, if a package in non-free or contrib has a release-critical bug
> against (I.e. it doesn't work, essentially) then it should be pulled from
> frozen, or fixed.  Fair enough?

Indeed: for contrib and non-free the same procedure of freezing is used, but
non-free is not a part of the official release.

> I.e., I (I filed that bug above..) wasn't suggesting that slink should be
> held up for lyx.

It won't. When the time comes that we need to really remove packages I'll
just tell my scripts to ignore everything that is not part of the official
release (I can filter on section & architecture).

Wichert.